Here's What's On Tap!
Where Has Church St. Been?!
Test Your Coffee Knowledge!
Not A Beer Drinker? We Gotz You!
Denis's Top Ten Play List!
Where Has Church St. Been!?
As some of you may know, playing the social media game can be extremely exhausting! It also takes its tolls. Believe it or not, we decided we'd take a little break from posting. Creating content for our readers and customers is what we love to do (and drink coffee and beer with you folks) but with Saxon growing up so quick, we are trying to not miss out any special moments. Not only that, we feel that it's maybe a good mental health move to step away from Instagram, Facebook and the web. We have been working on getting new accounts on tap, filling up our calendar with upcoming pop ups events, prepping for the MACC, spending time with family and the list goes on! It was really nice to just disconnect! But we are back! With that being said, next week we will be announcing another new tap installment in MA! We can not wait to share who just joined the Church St. Coffee family! Also on social media we will be posting the work that has been done to the side of our building! We had some excavation work done to create a handicap accessible walk way entrance! Well there you have it! Now you know where we have been!
You Claim Coffee Is Life!
But How Much Do You Really Know About Coffee?!
Test Your Coffee Knowledge With Some Fun Q's and A's
1. What country in the world consumes the most coffee?
One guess it's not the US!
2. The technique used in espresso brewing to pack down ground coffee particles to form a flat tight bed is called?
3. What country in the world produces the most coffee?
4. The darkest roast is called?
5. What water temperature is best for pour over coffee?
6. Does espresso have more caffeine than a cup of coffee?
7. Which has more caffeine dark roast or light roast coffees?
8. What is the most expensive coffee out there?
9. French press method requires your coffee to be prepped A. Super fine. B. Medium ground. C. Course.
10. What is the term "bloom" mean in the world of coffee?
We love beer and coffee but we also do love a wonderful winter cocktail!
Plus not everyone is a coffee or beer lover!
Here are a couple of our faves. Enjoy!
"Sage Me Now!"
1 shot of sage liquor.
2. Shots of fresh pink grapefruit juice.
3. 1/3 shot of simple syrup.
4. 2 strips of grapefruit zest.
5. 2 sage leaves
6. Spanish Cava
Step one: Crush the sage leaves and grapefruit zest in your hand and add them to the shaker.
Step two: Add the sage liquor, grapefruit juice and simply syrup to the shaker.
Step three: Add ice to above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 3 seconds.
Step four: Strain the mixture into chilled coupes and top with cava. Garnish with sage leaves ;) (Serves two)
3 shots of tequila
1 & 1/2 shots of cointreau
1 & 1/2 shots fresh lime juice
1 & 1/2 shot fresh grapefruit juice
2 slice of fresh lime as garnish
Step one: combine the tequila, cointreau, lime juice and grapefruit juice in the shaker.
Step two: Add ice to above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
Step three: Strain the mixture into chilled rocks glasses rimmed with Chile salt and containing large cubs of ice. Garnish with lime slices.
Denis's Top Ten Music Play List!
1. Just Like Heaven - The Cure
2. Rock The Casbah- The Clash
3. 1979 - The Smashing Pumpkins
4. It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube
5. Karma Police - Radio Head
6. Army Of Me - Bjork
7. Don't Stop - ATB
8. Wow - Beck
9. Dreams - Fleetwood MAC
10. Money - Pink Floyd
1.)Finland 2.)Tamping 3.)Brazil 4.)French Roast 5.)201-205 degrees F. 96 C. 6.)One 2 oz double espresso shot has about 80 milligrams of caffeine. Whereas a 12 oz brewed coffee has about 120 milligrams. So actually there is more caffeine in an average cup of drip coffee than in espresso. 7.)light roast 8.)Kopi luwak one of the most expensive coffees in the world, selling for between US$100 and $500. Which is made by collecting coffee beans eaten by wild civets, is sold at US$500 per kilogram. 9.) C. Course 10.) Bloom is a quick bubbling up of carbon dioxide and coffee grounds that occurs when freshly roasted coffee is brewed. Giving your coffee a half minute to bloom, depending on how recently it was roasted, will enhance its flavors. Degassing.